So, how does one develop one’s own best personal spirituality.
- Become conscious of your current spirituality/ies
- Evaluate their effectiveness
- Decide if a change is necessary
- If necessary, re-orient yourself
What do you ‘worship’ now? Where is your heart? Your core? Your emphasis?
The following questions are helpful.
- What do you spend most of your time doing?
- What do you spend most of your money on?
- In what places are you most often to be found?
- What type of people do you surround yourself with most often?
- What are your visions, dreams, and goals about?
- Who are your heroes?
- What are your biggest regrets?
As you begin to answer these questions for yourself, you can see where you’re spending your time, energy, and money.
This is not to say that a particular answer is wrong or bad. The question you simply need to ask yourself is, “Is the investment bringing you the rewards you expect and desire?”
If not, what is missing? Where do you still feel empty? Or unfulfilled?
Is your spirituality sufficient for who you are?
If not, consider an upgrade.